How Efficient is the 2019 Toyota Camry?
The 2019 Toyota Camry fuel efficiency engineering gives West Hollywood drivers an attractive and comfortable way to save more at the gas pump. Explore the power, performance, and environmental features that make the Camry such a popular pick for budget-minded Los Angeles drivers, then drop by Toyota of Hollywood to take your favorite Camry configuration out for a spin.
EPA Ratings and Fuel Tank Size
According to recent testing by the EPA, the Toyota Camry delivers fuel efficiency of as much as 29 mpg city and 41 mpg highway. This makes the Camry more efficient than competitors like the Honda Accord, or even some in-brand options like the Toyota Corolla. With up to a 16-gallon fuel tank, you could take the Camry from Glendale to the NoHo Arts District and back almost 60 times before needing to stop for fuel.
Engine Options and Transmissions
The potent 2019 Camry is built to handle the hills of Los Angeles just as handily as it does the traffic in Glendale, thanks to two well-engineered engine and transmission choices:
- 2.5-Liter Dynamic Force 4-Cylinder: The base engine includes Dual VVT-i and gets 203 horsepower.
- 3.5-Liter V6 DOHC 24-Valve: Upgrade to the 3.5L V6 engine to get up to 301 horsepower.
- Automatic Tranmission: The Camry comes equipped on most trims with Direct Shift-8AT 8-speed Electronically Controlled automatic Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i) for smooth-shifting control and fuel efficiency.
- CVT: You can also opt for Electronically controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (ECVT) with sequential shift mode.
Other Performance Features
The reasons to love the 2019 Toyota Camry aren’t limited to the engine and gas tank. Drivers can take advantage of any of these features for a better ride no matter where the road goes:
- Multi-Mode Driving: Select trims offer Normal, ECO, or Sport driving modes.
- Unitized Body: The one-piece frame is tough and provides exceptional control and protection in an accident.
- Independent Suspension: The independent MacPherson strut front suspension with stabilizer bar delivers a smoother ride, even when the road gets rough.
- Electronic Power Steering: Precise control on even windy roads.
- Power Brakes: Power-assisted front disc brakes are standard for exceptional stopping – perfect for heavy traffic.
More from Toyota of Hollywood
To learn more about everything the 2019 Toyota Camry can do for your daily drive, or to finally get that check engine light looked at, contact Toyota of Hollywood today – we’ll be happy to help.
The Latest on Our Green Initiatives
Back in November of 2010, Toyota of Hollywood and Toyota Santa Monica became the first dealerships to offer free electric car charging stations to the community. This focus on sustainable energy and green vehicles has been in our DNA for years, and we’re proud to have pioneered the free EV charging movement in Los Angeles….
Mike Sullivan and the LAcarGUY team are proud to have been honored with the EMA Corporate Responsibility Award, a prestigious award that Environmental Media Association gives to those individuals and organizations which have advanced the cause of environmental sustainability. Compare Prius Options Corporate Responsibility Award The Environmental Media Association Corporate Responsibility Award recognizes the achievements…
Toyota of Hollywood and LA Car Guy are committed to giving back to communities throughout West Hollywood, Burbank, and beyond, and the sponsorship of the Helen Bernstein High School Garden is just one of our latest efforts. Part of the #GreenMySchool initiative, this student and community garden space was recently visited by Canadian actress Rachelle…