Trims and Pricing
The Hybrid trim level available for the 2016 Toyota Highlander series is not the only model available in the lineup. Here are all of the 2016 Highlander models
available on the market today:
- 2016 Toyota Highlander LE: Starts at $30,490*.
- 2016 Toyota Highlander LE Plus: Starts at $34,395*.
- 2016 Toyota Highlander XLE: Starts at $37,315*.
- 2016 Toyota Highlander Limited: Starts at $40,915*.
- 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited: Starts at $47,870*.
The 2016 Highlander Hybrid’s exterior is designed to communicate a sense of ruggedness, reliability, and efficiency. It’s also configured with the latest features, all of which are focused on providing a convenient and high-tech design.
- Athletic Design: With a redesigned grille, available LED DRLs, and roof rails, the Highlander gives off an athletic vibe that’s also incredibly functional.
- Adjustable Power Liftgate: This liftgate technology allows you to open the rear liftgate and adjust its height with the simple press of a button.
- Easy In and Easy Out: With a specially-designed cushion height, the Highlander has more room between the seat and the roofline than comparable vehicles.
With its hybrid technology, the 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
- Engine Specs: Hybrid engine — 3.5-Liter V6 Double Overhead Cam (DOHC) 24-Valve with Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i); EV and ECO Modes; 280 hybrid system net hp (209 kW).
- Fuel Economy: 27 mpg city** and 28 mpg highway**.
Interior Features and Design
There are three attributes that define the Highlander’s interior: comfortable, convenient, and high-tech. To support these three goals, the Highlander integrates a number of smart design choices and technologies.
- Comfortable Seating: With comfortable seating for seven and second row captain’s chairs, the 2016 Highlander will keep you and your passengers comfortable on journeys near and far. You’ll also have access to heated and ventilated front seats.
- Hybrid Energy Monitor Display: Keep on eye on your performance and fuel economy when you’re on the road with the energy monitor display system.
- Entune™ Premium JBL® Audio: This premium audio system gives you outstanding audio quality and a variety of features – all of which are designed to deliver a superb driving experience.
Advanced Safety Technologies
As demonstrated by its 2015 IIHS Top Safety Pick Plus award when equipped with the available pre-collision system, the 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid is one of the safest mid-sized SUV hybrids on the road today. Here are some of its most remarkable safety features.
- Star Safety System™: Includes a variety of active safety features such as VSC, TRAC, ABS, EBD, and more.
- Ventilated Disc Brakes: Ventilation prevents brakes from becoming too hot and ineffective, thereby giving you confidence that the car will stop when you push the brake pedal.
- Advanced Airbag System: With roll-sensing side curtain airbags (RSCA), the advanced airbag system of the Highlander will keep you and your passengers as safe as possible in the event of an accident.
2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Reviews
The professionals have given the 2016 Toyota Highlander superb reviews. Here’s what they had to say.
- Edmunds had an overall high opinion of the new Highlander: “Impressive fuel economy; practical and spacious interior; luxury-grade ride; seven-passenger seating; reassuring handling.”
- Car and Driver praised the Highlander’s design and comfort: “Inconspicuous and sensible, the Highlander has what it takes to haul up to eight in quiet comfort.”
- Kelley Blue Book’s review focused on a number of different aspects: “The 2016 Toyota Highlander places an emphasis on safety, comfort, economy, reliability, and resale. Its sharp exterior and numerous interior features are simply sweeter icing on the cake.”
- The Car Connection liked the performance, comfort, and tech: “Wide range of powertrains; flexible second row; easy third-row access; good connectivity.”
Take the 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid for a Test Drive Today!
The ideal way to see if the 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid is right for your needs is to take it for a test drive. Come and see us today at Toyota of Hollywood, located at 6000 Hollywood Blvd in Hollywood, CA. You can contact us online or reach us on the phone at (323) 300-5026. We hope to see you soon!