Learn More About 2017 Toyota Camry Safety at Toyota of Hollywood
What’s the secret to keeping your piece of mind on those crowded Hollywood streets? Start with the expansive 2017 Toyota Camry safety features. From active driver safety systems to structural safeguards, the 2017 Camry has everything you need to stay completely safe on the roads.
Star Safety System
When you’re having a fun drive in your new Toyota Camry on the Los Angeles highways, you’ll never have to worry about stability and brake performance with this suite of safety systems behind you:
- Vehicle Stability Control: If you experience loss of traction and show signs of sliding, the VSC will reduce engine output and apply brake power accordingly.
- Traction Control: When the road gets slippery, this system monitors individual wheels to detect possible issues and apply the right corrective forces.
- Anti-Lock Brake System: If you suddenly hit your brakes, this system keeps you from skidding with rapid brake pulsation until the situation is fully under control.
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution: This system also comes into play during hard braking. It redistributes braking forces evenly across your wheels to compensate for weight shifting.
- Brake Assist: This technology knows when you’ve hit the brakes to avoid a traffic incident and it helps you apply more force to bring you to a safer, more controlled stop.
- Smart Stop Technology: If you accidentally press your brake and gas pedals at the same time, this feature will bring your Camry to a safe stop.
In the event of an accident, your new Toyota Camry will go the extra mile to ensure the safety of you and your passengers. The Safety Connect system is included with a one-year trial subscription that includes:
- Emergency Assistance: When you’re in any kind of emergency, press your Safety Connect button and help will be dispatched immediately to your Camry’s location.
- Stolen Vehicle Locator: If your Camry is stolen, use your Safety Connect system to locate it using GPS technology so you can recover it quickly.
- Roadside Assistance: Tap the SOS button and connect to the 24/7 response center for towing, flat tires, jump starts and more when you need it.
- Automatic Collision Notification: If your airbags deploy or you’re involved in a severe rear end collision, the 24/7 response center will be notified automatically.
Driver Assistance Technologies
If you’re on the road late at night or early in the morning, these systems will help you avoid the mistakes of driver fatigue:
- Pre-Collision System: Your PCS anticipates the possibility of frontal collisions and if impact is imminent, the system can engage automatic braking.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control: Set your ideal cruising speed and this system will work to ensure you keep a safe distance between you and the car ahead.
- Lane Departure Alert: When you unexpectedly veer from the center of your lane, this system will alert you and correct your steering if needed.
- Auto High Beams: Turn on your auto high beams and they’ll turn to low lights when cars are approaching. They’ll automatically go back to high beams when the coast is clear.
- Blind Spot Monitor: As you change lanes, you’ll see an alert in the appropriate side mirror when there’s a vehicle traveling in your blind spot.
Extended Safety Features
Of course, the 2017 Camry doesn’t stop there when it comes to safety features. It also includes these great technologies:
Test Drive Your Camry at Toyota of Hollywood
Are you ready to see the full extent of 2017 Toyota Camry Safety features and technology? Come down to Toyota of Hollywood, located at 6000 Hollywood Blvd, to take your new Camry for a test drive. If you have any questions or want to make an appointment, give us a call at (323) 300-5026 or fill out our quick contact form.